Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Australian Idol#16: Home of the Official Idol Geeks (apply within for official tiara)

THE OFFICIAL IDOL GEEK LIST
Wearers of the Official Idol Geek tiaras

(let me know if you wanna be added to the list)

CarlyM
Phee
Elizajoey
Just Peachy.
*Evie
* Linda *
- Jen -
Aussie bubbles
SpinBeneathCandy
funktified
p&j =true luv
~*Dancer in the Dark*~
nikz
loquacity
Juzzie
NattyPatty

OLD THREAD

FINALISTS....

Name: Chanel Cole
Hometown: Bega, NSW
Star sign: Scorpio
First audition song: When I Get Low I Get High
Listening To: Roy Orbison Greatest Hits
Favourite Music: I gravitate towards diminished cords.
Musical Idol: Radiohead, Ray Davies

Name: Courtney Murphy
Hometown: Perth, WA
Star sign: Scorpio
First audition song: Jack Jones, "You Were There"
Listening To: Chicago VIII
Favourite Music: Power pop
Musical Idol: Sir Paul McCartney

Name: Hayley Jensen
Hometown: Canberra, ACT
Star sign: Capricorn
First audition song: The Voice Within & Innocent Eyes
Listening To: Eva Cassidy
Favourite Music: Anything that sounds good, with a great bass line
Musical Idol: Guy Sebastian

Name: Angie Narayan
Hometown: Brisbane, QLD
Star sign: Capricorn
First audition song: Disco Inferno
Listening To: Phil Collins' Greatest Hits
Favourite Music: Soul, Motown classics.
Musical Idol: Stevie Wonder

Name: Amali Ward
Hometown: Hobart, TAS
Star sign: Gemini
First audition song: If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys
Listening To: The Diary of Alicia Keys
Favourite Music: Soul, R&B, alternative, rock, funk.
Musical Idol: Alicia Keys, Beyonce.

Name: Daniel Belle
Hometown: Sydney, NSW
Star sign: Taurus
First audition song: Kiss From a Rose
Listening To: Faith No More Greatest Hits
Favourite Music: Music theatre, R&B, rock
Musical Idol: Anthony Warlow

Last edited by Phee; 08-16-2004 at 01:29 PM
Old 08-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Go you good thing, Phee!

Maybe we could make a list of Idol geeks in the opening post? Y'know, so everyone can get their official tiaras and all
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread Phee

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM

Well that terrible audition dude sang the sleepiest version ever of 'Angels Brought Me Here' on tonight's show, so there's one, LOL! I hope no one is silly enough to sing 'What About Me' - Can you imagine the bagging they'll get if they do that!
I felt so sorry for that bloke. There is a time with auditions when you roll your eyes and laugh etc but with this bloke, I felt really bad for the poor guy.

Quote:
VICTORIAN Jasmine Dia must be thanking her lucky stars that she has made it to the final 30 on Idol after Maya McLean was left out.
Jasmine. It's Yasmine! hehehe

Quote:
Originally posted by loquacity

About the theme weeks for this season, what the hell is considered as "Modern Pop", especially if there's going to be an 80's night later on?
I would say recent 'Pop' songs, say in the last few years. Thats if what I posted has any truth to it.

Quote:
Originally posted by * Linda *
I have seen like 4 of those Cosima ads! LOL. I haven't voted yet, but not sure if I'm going to bother. TBH, no one really stuck out for me. I mean, they're all really good singers, but that was sort of it. (and I suck on credit!)
Same! I see them so often, almost as much as Paulini. Which if anybody remembers from last season is NOT a good thing!

Last Night show:

Anthony I was so incredibly dizzy from the background they put with the song. Really didn't like his falsetto notes - it made it sound try hardish. He's performance wasn't dreadful or anything but I seriously thought it was Barbie's ex bf, Ken - plastic and all. He was so glossy!

Prinnie I know it's rude to tease ppl's name but Princess! Ha Please!. I thought her performance was blah. There was nothing good about it. Next!

Courtney Talk about wrecking a song that I actually adored! He was dreadful. The lead singer of Maroon 5 has, imo, this ultimate tone to his voice that really draws me in. However, Courtney's voice sounded so weak. I really didnt like his performance at all and I DO NOT need to hear thats he is fat! Move on!

Chanel I loved this song. When she said that she was singing Portishead, I almost died. I was so happy because this song has some significant to me. She sang it brillantly - added her own style. She indeed performed which is what it's all about!. Definitely a fave

Laurence He was horrible. I'm someone who can actually handle some country in my life but he is like a nightmare gone. He is like that squirmy kid in Kindy who has snot everywhere and thinks he is cute but is just incredibly annoying!. Talk about a cliched song!

Emily She looked really pretty tonight, however, pretty in the "16-year-old-whose-in-a-Dolly-magazine" type pretty. Her performance was pretty good. It was in the middle of the group for me. I didnt dislike her but something about her annoys me.

Ngaiire Simply lovely. The emotion that I felt during that performance was overwhelming. I felt every word that she sung. Something in the tone of the voice just takes over me and I really understand what she is singing. Side note: I did not need to hear this morning that what she wore last night was a tablecloth. Does it matter? NO!

Meri She is a nice person and I adore her evil eye but I've gotta agree with Dicko that she looked frumpy. I also think her performance was dreadful. Maybe I was biased because it's Mariah Carey but she hit some really dud notes at least imo.

Ben He's performance was average. I think it depended on his song choice. There are so many more songs that would have been suited to his voice and 'style'. I disagreed, however, with Dicko's comments. Songs mean different things to different ppl - it's how YOU interpret it yourself. I know you should know the background because sometimes it's not suitable but I thought Dicko's comments were insignificant.

Hayley I had really thought this was girl was nothing. She reminded me of one of the contestants from last season - cant remember who. I loved her performance. This was once again a song that has some significance to me, as a person so I was ensuring that she sang it 'correctly'. I thought her performance was lovely and unlike a lot of ppl, I really liked her "heaven glazing". It just felt right to me.

My Order:
Chanel
Hayley
Ngariie
Ben
Emily
Courtney
Anthony
Laurence
Prinnie
Meri
Old 08-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Anything else that should be added to the first post? I'll update it with new pics as more people get through to the finals of course.

Anyway, I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the 3 that got through. Ideally I'd like to have seen Ngaiire go through instead of Hayley, but I reckon Ngaiire will get a call up for the wildcard round, so all is not lost (I hope). *fingers crossed*

Was kinda surprised that Ben didn't make it! Guess the teenyboppers aren't gonna be as much of a force to be reckoned with as I'd expected.

Chanel and Ben are so getting it on (or if they haven't yet, they're totally gonna sooner or later). The way she was eyeing him off during her perf was too cute.

All 3 who got through are great singers IMO.

Courtney seems to struggle a bit with the higher notes, but that's really the only thing I can criticise him on.

Hayley's kinda cookie cutter pretty girl looking, which kinda bugs me, but I can't find fault with her voice, so maybe if she mixes up her look a bit she'll grow on me more.

Chanel seems really nervous and shy until she gets up on stage. Once she's got that mic in her hand her whole personality seems to change and all of a sudden she's really confident.

ETA: Idol Geek list, excellent idea Carly!

Edited again to say that I went through the last few pages of the old thread and anyone who posted I stuck your name on the Official Idol Geek list in the first post. Lemme know if anyone wants to be added, removed or whatnot.

Last edited by Phee; 08-09-2004 at 12:38 PM
Old 08-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Laurence He was horrible. I'm someone who can actually handle some country in my life but he is like a nightmare gone. He is like that squirmy kid in Kindy who has snot everywhere and thinks he is cute but is just incredibly annoying!. Talk about a cliched song!
LMAO!

Oh that is priceless, EJ! (Does calling you 'EJ' make you cringe? Tell me if Eliza or Elizajoey works better for you, I have a habit of using shorter names ). Another thing that bugs me about McHat Man is when he sings he bunches his non-microphone arm up in like a chicken wing shape and flaps it up and down a bit with his hand clenched in a weird fist... I obviously pay too much attention to stupid things!

Phee, loving the geek list!

I want an avie with a tiara in it now that sparkles and says 'Idol Geek' underneath it, LOL! I'll have to try and figure out how to make something like it... without breaking the computer cause I'm smart like that...
Old 08-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Supreme Fan

I'd like to be added to the list please.

I missed the results show tonight as i had to go out... what was the format of it like?

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

yay...we get tiara's?

ok..tonights results, I'm not really happy with them

Courtney..I honestly don't like his style And his voice seemed a bit weak (but maybe it's because he's sick... )

Hayley - I did like her peformance..it sounded a lot like the original. Buuuut... I haven't liked her singing before this, and I'm not sure if I'll like anything else.

Chanel - I really liked her performance, but her I wonder how she'll go with the themes

I wanted Ngaiire to get in, I really thought she would. But she'll def. be back for the wilcard
Old 08-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Juzzie, I added you. And I also added an Official Idol Geek Tiara to the first post, too. Hope you all like it. I was going for something delightfully over the top and tacky.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee
Juzzie, I added you. And I also added an Official Idol Geek Tiara to the first post, too. Hope you all like it. I was going for something delightfully over the top and tacky.
Thanks.

you sure achieved what you were after... but i it.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

SHINY! Oh, I *love* it

<runs away to see if she can make an avie>
Old 08-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ooooh! Tiara's! (remember that contestant from Amer Idol 3 named Tiara, or something like that? Dreadful) Thanks Phee!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks guys, glad ya like it.

Carly, if you're lookin' for a pic to use in your avie, the original pic of the one I used is here. But if you just google for rhinestone tiaras, you'll find heaps of other pics you could use, too.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks Phee - I tried cutting it a bit, I'm not sure if it looks okay though. I have another one that's just of the heart in the first post. I might play swaps tomorrow or something!
Old 08-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bwahaha I'm going to make me an idol geek tiara when I get home.

I thought her name was Yasmine Abedeera. (sp) What's with the shortening of her last name? Does she even need a last name to be recognised?

I thought Wind Beneath My Wings was a Bette Midler song.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You SO achieved that. It's so completely tacky that it's incredibly cool!

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM
LMAO!
Oh that is priceless, EJ! (Does calling you 'EJ' make you cringe? Tell me if Eliza or Elizajoey works better for you, I have a habit of using shorter names ). Another thing that bugs me about McHat Man is when he sings he bunches his non-microphone arm up in like a chicken wing shape and flaps it up and down a bit with his hand clenched in a weird fist... I obviously pay too much attention to stupid things!
I dont mind you calling me that. My name is Sara if you rather that, I dont mind.
OMG. I know exactly what you mean. You described it so perfectly. That is exactly how his arm goes. You're scaring me

Quote:

Chanel and Ben are so getting it on (or if they haven't yet, they're totally gonna sooner or later). The way she was eyeing him off during her perf was too cute.
I second that.
Apart from the fact I really like Ben. I want him to get to the Top 12 so we can have some Benel lovin'. They are the cutest thing!

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie

I thought her name was Yasmine Abedeera. (sp) What's with the shortening of her last name? Does she even need a last name to be recognised?
I have no idea. If it's true, remember that Leah did it too. She was Leah V......... and then she changed to the pron name of Leah Labelle.

As a side note. I forgot to mention earlier but you know during that Up Close with Shannon thing. There were some ppl who were waving signs. I realise that my spelling and grammar is miserable but I dont parade it on a sign on national television. They had a sign that read "Your the bomb" HEY PEOPLE it's YOU ARE or YOU'RE. It's not that hard. You should at least check before you display it on national TV.