Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

Christian Bale #8: Because we would kill to be part of The Machinist!

New thread!

Now we now Batman is his biggest role coming up but there's room for The Machinist too. My poor baby looks so skinny in it but it should be a good thriller.

Movie summary:

THE MACHINIST is the story of TREVOR REZNIK, a lathe-operator who is dying of insomnia. In a machine shop, occupational hazards are bad enough under normal circumstances; yet for Trevor the risks are compounded by fatigue. Trevor has lost the ability to sleep. This is no ordinary insomnia...

Eeeeek..

Now to the good stuff.. Info on our man.

Birth name
Christian Charles Philip Bale
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Height
6' 2" (1.88 m)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini biography
The 10th Anniversary issue of Entertainment Weekly crowned Christian Bale as one of the Top 8 Most Powerful Cult Figures of the past decade, citing his incredible and legendary cult status on the Internet. EW also calls Bale one of the "Most Creative People in Entertainment" after his brilliant turn as the psychopathic yuppie serial killer in American Psycho (2000). And Premiere lauded him as one of the "Hottest Leading Men Under 30". Christian Bale has garnered a huge international audience ever since he wowed critics with his devastating performance in Steven Spielberg's WWII epic, Empire of the Sun (1987). Bale made his professional debut opposite British comedian, Rowan Atkinson on the London West End stage. He auditioned with 4000 other kids for the coveted role of James Graham in Spielberg's Empire of the Sun. Bale received a special citation for Best Performance by a Juvenile Actor from the National Board of Review - an award specially created for his performance in Empire. In the following decade, Welsh-born Bale has appeared in Shakespeare, dramas and comedies demonstrating a versatility, depth and range that has made him one of the best reviewed actors today and one of the most popular actors on the Internet. Bale is the youngest in a family of 3 older sisters (Erin, Sharon, and Louise).

IMDb mini-biography by
Harrison Cheung

Spouse
Sibi Blazic (29 January 2000 - present)

Trivia
Hand-picked by director/writer 'Mary Harron' and author 'Bret Easton Ellis' (qv) to star in American Psycho (2000). Consequently, was noted by the media as the first star of American Psycho (2000), only to lose the part to Leonardo DiCaprio, and then win it back again.

Fan Club: 800 South PCH, 8-206, Redondo Beach, CA 90277

Is an excellent horseman and an avid reader.

He trained for 10 weeks in dancing and martial arts for the dance sequences in Newsies and Swing Kids.

He has an uncanny ear for accents - he has used a different accent for each of his films to date.

Bale was handpicked by Winona Ryder for the coveted role of Laurie (Theodore Laurence) in Little Women.

His father David Bale married feminist icon Gloria Steinem on September 3, 2000.

A devoted animal lover, Christian has two dogs [Mojo and Ramone] and three cats [Miriam, Molly, and Lilly], which are all strays that he found.

Since reading "Charlotte's Web", Christian does not eat red meat.

Christian is active in many organizations, including Ark Trust, Greenpeace, the World Wildlife Foundation, the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, the Redwings Sanctuary, and the Happy Child Mission, and a school for streetkids in Rio De Janeiro.

His grandfather doubled for John Wayne in two movies, in Africa.

His first on-screen role was in 1983 at age 9 in a British commercial for Pac-man cereal.

Born in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire

He replaced Leonardo DiCaprio for the film American Psycho (2000).

Stepson of author-feminist Gloria Steinem

His father, David Bale, died on 30 December 2003, from brain lymphoma at the age of 62.

hE was raised in England, Portugal and California

His great-uncle, Rex Bale, was an actor

His father was a former commercial pilot

Mother was a former circus dancer

He has three sisters, Erin Bale, a musician, Sharon Bale, a computer professional, and Louise Bale, a director/actress. She appeared in Newsies.

His grandfather was a stand-up comic and children's entertainer

Met his wife through Winona Ryder; she was Ryder's personal assistant.

Personal quotes
"An actor should never be larger than the film he's in." (Spin, March 96)

"It was horrific. I was almost crying in interviews and running away during press conferences, pretending I was going to the bathroom and just disappearing." - on dealing with the resulting media attention of Empire of the Sun at age 13.

"I enjoyed making the film, but I was shocked when I received all the attention when I got home to Bournemouth. Girls were all over me, boys wanted to fight me and I was being asked to open local fetes when all I wanted to do was ride my BMX bike in the woods. I told my parents I wasn't interested in doing anything again because the attention ruined it." - on the sudden fame that resulted after Empire of the Sun

"I don't want to know about the lives of other actors and I don't want people to know too much about me. If we don't know about the private lives of other actors, that leaves us as clean slates when it comes to playing characters. That's the point, they can create these other characters and I can believe them. I think if you're a good enough actor, that's the way to longevity in the film business. Keep everybody guessing."

"I started my career without fans."

Where are they now
(August 2003) filming 'The Machinist' in Spain

(March 2004) Filming 'Batman Begins' in London, England.

All info from imdb.com

Damn that Winona Ryder - biotch.

Goodies:

[IMG]http://www.*********.com/~cbale/candidbaleshadow.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.*********.com/~cbale/cbberliniff0213045.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.*********.com/~cbale/starfest2002rofcb5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.*********.com/~cbale/jogginbale.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.*********.com/~cbale/apraincoattomcruise.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.*********.com/~cbale/cbamericanpsychog11.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.*********.com/~cbale/cbamericanpsychog13.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.*********.com/~cbale/cbamericanpsychog9.jpg[/IMG]

My fav role..

Last thread

Now let's spread the Bale looooove.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Old 08-10-2004, 03:50 AM
In Theaters

You did a great job starting this thread Galaxia!

Credit-Eras of Elegance

Old 08-10-2004, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

Thank you! Call me Stephanie.

The pics didn't post which is the only thing that sucks.. I had some great ones picked out. I just don't feel like fixing it right now. I'll probably save them and then upload them to my photo host so everyone can see.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Old 08-10-2004, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Galaxia21
Bitter much?

The Machinist:

Sasha
Old 08-10-2004, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

exactly what I was thinking.

Great start, by the way I don't post here nearly enough.
icon *
Old 08-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here are some avatars I made a few days ago, but I never got around to posting them. I made slight variations of each base that may not be evident at first on a black background (i.e. no border, single black border, etc.). Use them and post them wherever you want.

Sasha

Last edited by S.A.S.H.A.; 08-15-2004 at 05:40 AM
Old 08-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sasha
Old 08-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sasha
Old 08-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sasha
Old 08-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

hey new thread

great avis

Wish you were here....
Old 08-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Yay, new thread! Thanks Stephanie

And Sasha, fabulous avies Nearly at 500, then Laurie, here I come I've just finished making Little Women caps, so I'm kinda in the mood for some Laurie!
Old 08-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

I was really bummed that Christian wasn't able to come to Comicon to talk about Batman. I bet he would have freaked out by how die hard the fans are for it too. They had a brief clip of him while on the set of Batman and he looked a little uneasy and pressed for time. I hope things are going well on the set.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:00 PM
In Theaters

Old 08-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Great avs Sasha
icon *
Old 08-10-2004, 06:54 PM
In Theaters

Credit-Eras of Elegance

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top