Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dr. Jack Shephard/Matthew Fox Appreciation #12: He's the heart and soul of Lost

I need a thread # and a title (plus a template, if it's possible). Any body wants to help?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Um...wow, I apparently don't remember anything Hope somebody saved it! *Crosses fingers*

Jack was awesome in S.O.S. Loved him making that shot, and seeking out the others. I Jack even more than usual when he's being kick ass. Plus, Foxy continues to rule all
Old 04-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, I don't remember what thread we were on either. I think I remember the title though. Wasn't it He's the heart and soul of Lost ?

S.O.S. Jack was awesome in that episode! I'm glad to see he and Kate are getting back to normal. Him yelling at The Others... I was glad to see that take charge, kick tail, side of Jack.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Absolute Fan

If someone happens to remember the thread #, the title for this thread, and/or the previous thread template please PM either myself or Gay and we'll get the thread updated as soon as possible.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Addicted Fan

We got our Jack/Foxy thread back. I think we were on thread #12, and like Ash mentioned the title was something like "He's the heart and soul of Lost"

New article from Lost-media:
Quote:
TV Guide
April 24-30, 2006

Meet the Man Who Saved Jack's Life
by Stephen Battaglio

When your plane crashes on a remote island, it helps to ahve someone in high places looking out for you. Turns out that's how Dr. Jack Shephard - whome Matthew Fox has turned into one of prime time's favorite herores - made it past the first episode of Lost.

ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson told TV Guide that when he read the script for the pilot, Jack was one of the first victims. "He was set up as the lead of the show," says McPherson, who at th etime was head of Touchstone Television (which is owned by ABC's parent company, Disney). "He was the same character, but he died midway through the first hour."

Lost cocreators J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof believed it would be a bold move to kill off Jack in the first episode. McPherson didn't quite see it that way. "I said, 'Guys, I realize you're trying to do something different, but this guy has got to live - he could be the center of your show.' As a credit to them, they really got that and embraced it." Fox didn't even know about Jack's early demise until McPherson mentioned it at a Monday Night Footabell game they attended together in Philadelphia last year. "I told him, 'I appreciated your input on that,'" says Fox. "I'm a huge Eagles fan, so I was thanking him a lot that night."
McPherson believes strong characters have been the key to ABC's ratings comeback, which began after he took over the network's programming two years ago. On paper, serialized shows about people stranded on an island, forty-something women living in a cul-de-sac or surgical interns in Seattle might not have seemed like a plan for a turnaround. But the stars and writers of Lost, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy - all developed at Touchstone under McPherson's watch - have turned those concepts into appointment viewing.

McPherson wants to maintain that audience loyalty next season. He's looking at running original episodes of Lost over consecutive weeks without repeats - an answer to constant fan gripes. "I like the idea of people knowing that Lost is on and is going to be on in originals for a long period, then have it take a break and put something else in there," he says. "Whether that's a January through May run or a big installment in the fall and another post-January, I'm not sure yet. But we're definitely considering it."
Old 04-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that article! It is definitely a good thing they decided to keep Jack around. I'm also for running total originals without breaks. I can't stand when the show goes away for a few weeks, I always want to know what's going to happen!
Old 04-22-2006, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

I think we were on #12 also... I miss the Matt thread
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 04-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've edited the title and thread #. I like that article. It makes sense to have Jack stay on the island. Because it will be unbelievable to stay healthy on a strange island without a doctor.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

i think we had some of these pics in the opening post..

and this was our banner

Old 04-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hot pics! Foxy should always be photographed wet.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

We need a list!! I love him!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky
I've edited the title and thread #. I like that article. It makes sense to have Jack stay on the island. Because it will be unbelievable to stay healthy on a strange island without a doctor.
Seriously! What were they thinking?
The show would be over in like 4 weeks 'cause people would've kept dying!
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 04-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

OMG THOSE PHOTOS ARE TO DIE FOR!!!

I LOVE Foxie!!

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

man those pics are nice!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:39 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason's Lover4life
Hot pics! Foxy should always be photographed wet.
AMEN!